Lambak Youth - Youth for Region II will hold its first online youth summit envisioned to guide and sharpen knowledge of the youth towards progression in the country on October 4, 2020.
Some 70 delegates were chosen among hundreds of applicants.
To discuss topics on leadership, gender equality, and sustainable development goals, five notable guest speakers are joining the event.
1. Metodio Maraguinot Jr., founder and chair of Youthlead Philippines Inc.
2. Mark Jacinto, co-chairperson for operations of the South East Asian Leaders’ Organization (SEALO) and one of the Field SDG Advocates of MY World 2030 Asia-Pacific Advocacy Programme, an initiative of the UNDP, UN SDG Action Campaign, and UN Volunteers to raise awareness and action for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
3. Mark Conrad Rivero Ravanzo, co-founder and chief executive officer, I am Making A Difference (I am MAD)
4. Miko Pagaduan, LGBT+ rights advocate, former intern at ABS-CBN Publishing Inc. and former campus journalist and mass communications graduate of Wesleyan University Philippines
5. Samira Gutoc, journalist, environmentalist, civil society leader, legislator, and peace and women's rights advocate.
The online summit will start at 1PM via Zoom and will be streamed live on Lambak Youth's official Facebook page. This year's summit bears the theme "SaMASAma: Pagpapalawig sa Makabayang pagkilos ng kabataan, Bansang Malaya at Mapagpalaya."
Lambak Youth - Youth for Region II is an organization focused on improving and strengthening the youth’s perspective in order to discover, reflect, and resolve challenges in the community. The organization believes in the power of today's generation to spread awareness about timely and relevant issues on culture, information, and society. The group also aims to develop the SDGs in Region II through collective efforts for common good.